Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yeehaw!! Ride 'em cowboys, cowgirls and cowkids!

My sister, Jackie, invited me to the rodeo with box seats!!!  Swank!  

You should have seen how fast everyone ran out when we heard the ice cream cart!  And, of course, it was served in a cowboy hat!

They start 'em young in Texas.  Imagine watching a bunch of kids running after sheep and tryin' to ride them!  One of the most adorable things I've ever seen!  Good thing this kid was wearing a helmet.  They all got up and waved to the crowd with big 'ol smiles no matter what the outcome.

I enjoyed the concert with the revolving circular stage.  He played some inspirational tunes in addition to standard country fare.  I became inspired and asked the waiter for pen and paper and scribbled down some lyrics for a new tune.

To my amusement and surprise, Bevo was there - the mascot of my college rival, T.U. (Texas University - known to the rest of the world as The University of Texas.  We, at Texas A&M, consider our school to be 'THE' University of Texas.)  In reality, I don't really buy into all that school fighting.  It was fun to tease my brother-in-law though who roots for the other side.  ("Was he barbecued? - I asked when he and Sherry told Jackie and I the steer was there.)  I am seen hissing as I recall doing in school.  I actually have a lot of friends who went to T.U. and had I known more where my interests would lead, I might have gone there.

1 comment: