Paula and I at Tassajara, August 2003.
Click on title to access song via box.net.
Paula, you're my inspiration.
Paula, your heart is bigger than that of a giraffe.
Paula, when I think of you, I see you laugh.
Paula, you are my friend.
Chorus:
Paula, you are the gentle breeze flowing through the leaves.
Paula, you are the rock beneath my feet.
Paula, you are the sunshine breaking through the clouds.
Paula, you are my friend.
Paula, you always stood by me.
Paula, you were my mother when I needed one.
Paula, my gratitude flows from earth to sky.
Paula, there is no hello and there is no goodbye.
Chorus.
Paula means love.
Paula means beauty and strength.
Paula, I will always love you.
Paula, I will try to be more like you.
Chorus.
Paula, we will never part.
Paula, because wherever I go, well there you are.
Paula, your breeze flows straight through my heart.
Paula, you are my friend.
Chorus.
Paula, you are my friend.
Paula
Paula
Paula
A song I wrote for my dear friend and former mother-in-law, Paula Kent. I had intended to record it and send it to her before she died, but I was too late. Instead, I asked the sangha at Tassajara Zen Mountain Center where I was living at the time, April of last year, to witness and join me in singing it to her where she now resides, on the breeze. It was beautiful, sung in the courtyard by the creek. I am truly blessed to have had her in my life and to still feel her by my side. May you all be blessed in that way.
Me, Paula, Melissa enjoying some quality girl time.
No comments:
Post a Comment