Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goodbye West Coast!!

On my last night on the West Coast, I popped into the San Francisco Zen Center and said goodbye to some of the people I have been practicing with off and on the last three years at Green Gulch and Tassajara who now live in the city. It's been real!!

Djinn and Richard with Dave.  Djinn I have to thank for introducing me to Byron Katie's Work (a thousand bows).  I don't think I could have made it through the practice period without her - she's awesome!  Richard is great too - we both lived in Moab at different times, it was so cute to see them get together - gives me hope! Always good to see Dave.


Michael, Johann, Qwan (sorry, I lost the note with how to spell your name:() Michael and Qwan are new friends from Tassajara last summer.


Dave, myself and Johann having a going away refreshment at Cafe de Soleil.  Dave I know and love from Tassajara and from a peace delegation to Colombia where we became amigos siempre!  Johann I met when we apprenticed together at Green Gulch - we did our first practice periods together - great guy - he's sharp and calls me on stuff - a great quality in a friend!!


Stephen doing his best serious Zen student look!


Vajra!  He's the friendly voice that answers the phone at City Center!  A good friend I met at Green Gulch who was supportive during my tough time at Tassjara.

Jeremy, a new friend I met at Tassajara last summer who happens to be good friends with my friends Dale & Melissa.  Any friend of theirs is a friend of mine!

The people I enjoyed saying hi and bye to that are not pictured include Shogen, Leslie & Keith, Susan O'Connell, Shundo, Aliyu, Samantha.

I also spoke on the phone with a Natural Singer friend I met at Esalen, David, but it didn't work out to see him.  

Thanks West Coast.  I received everything I wanted and so, so  much more!!!!  Thanks to all my teachers and all my friends.  


No comments:

Post a Comment