Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One of my exes lives in Utah...


Once upon a time, long ago, I dated a guy named Ed.

We Tried
Copyright (c)  2006  Linda Daline Limbaugh

The first time I met you I was floored,
Now sometimes I wish you hadn't walked through that door,
What you do to me, I can't explain,
All I know is that my heart is filled with pain, cuz...

CHORUS:
We tried, I tried, you tried, we tried.
Why was it so hard to find a way?
And why did we keep trying anyway?
Friendship, that's a joke, won't work - no way!
Cuz we tried, I tried, you tried, we tried.

It was not the right time to start a thing.
I had just taken off my wedding ring.
You walk in and sweep me right off my feet.
We had to see if ever after, we could live happily, and...

CHORUS

Picnics in Old Town Park, we talked philosophy,
Dinner by candlelight, you even wrote me poetry.
Hikes in secluded canyons in the spring, 
We were mesmerized, how could it have gone so horribly? Cuz...

CHORUS

There was a time I thought you might be the One,
Then came the big fight and the unraveling had begun.
The connection we made doesn't happen every day,
but I'm not a Panic girl so I guess it wouldn't have worked anyway, cuz...

CHORUS

Like meteors passing through the atmosphere,
too much alike, we burned each other when we came near.
We were beautiful as we streaked across the sky.
Not meant to last we have to smile and say goodbye, cuz...

CHORUS

Can't think of one more thing we haven't tried....

All we can do now is say goodbye.....

(We had some good times)  Goodbye....

(I still love you)  Goodbye....

Goodbye....


In This Moment
Copyright (c) 2006 Linda Daline Limbaugh

In this moment, there is nothing wrong,
In this moment, I can just sing my song,
In this moment, in this moment,
I am love.

In this moment, I have nothing to do,
In this moment, I can just be with you,
In this moment, in this moment,
I am love.

In this moment, my heart's open wide,
In this moment, I have nothing to hide,
In this moment, in this moment,
I am love.

In this moment, you can just be you,
In this moment, there is nothing to prove,
In this moment, in this moment,
You are love.

In this moment, I can hold your hand,
In this moment, I can understand,
In this moment, in this moment,
We are love.

In this moment, the past is over and done,
In this moment, we're not two, but one,
In this moment, in this moment,
We are love.

In this moment, there is nothing wrong.
In this moment, we can just sing our song,
In this moment, in this moment,
We are love.

We are love.

Nothing but Love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the Ed song brought tears to my eyes!! Did you write that recently or long ago? What a beautiful song!! You are so talented with the lyrics - wow. Did you go through Utah, or no?

    ReplyDelete